Effective from February 1st 2014
AIFO India (Amici di Raoul Follereau) is committed to protecting the privacy of each individual/user of its subscriber/user community. We can summarize our policy in one sentence: We will not share your information with others without your prior consent.
- We respect your email privacy. You will not receive unsolicited (marketing) mail from AIFO, India unless you have agreed to this.
- We will not pass on any individual user details (including email addresses) for third party use unless we have your prior consent.
- We always ensure that contractors we use in connection with the running of the website and services (for example, hosting providers) are subject to strict contractual obligations. They are only able to process data on our behalf and in accordance with our principles and instructions, and not for any other independent purpose.
Please read the following to understand how your personal information will be treated. The policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically.
This policy will answer the following questions:
- What information does AIFO, India collect?
- How is this information used?
- Does AIFO, India share your information?
- How secure is the information you give us?
- How can you access, correct or delete your data?
- How do you opt out of receiving messages from AIFO, India?
- How does AIFO, India protect children’s privacy?
- How can you find out more about your rights?
1.What information does AIFO, India collect?
We collect personal information (including demographic and personal profile data) as volunteered by you on registration forms, subscriptions, campaigns, and e-actions. However, you can access our website without disclosing any of your personal data. AIFO, India also collects the following (non-identifying) information:
The Internet domain and IP addresses from which you access the website.
The type of browser (for example, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
The operating system you use (for example, Windows, Macintosh)
The date and time of your visit.
The pages you access.
Cookies: From time to time, we may place “cookies” on your hard drive. These cookies may save data about you, such as your name and the pages of the website that you viewed. The cookies aid in recognizing you when you return to our website, or help identify which areas of our website you have visited. We may also use the information returned from cookies to better personalize the content you see on our sites. You may decline, delete or disable internet cookies while visiting the website by activating the relevant browser setting. However, doing so may affect the website’s functionality.
2. How is this information used?
AIFO, India uses this information to help us understand more about how supporters use our site and to make improvements. We also use the information for marketing purposes, such as sending you our e-newsletter and other relevant communication materials.
Specifically, we may use your information to:
Fulfill our obligations to you and to respond to any questions or requests.
To contact you about material changes in our site terms or polices
To comply with the law or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of the law or to comply with legal process served on us.
If you sign up for a blog, feed or newsletter, we may put you on our mailing list.
3. Does AIFO, India share your information?
The information you provide will not be sold/rented nor be shared with third parties unless we have your permission or are required to disclose the information by law.
4. How secure is the information you give us?
AIFO, India uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentially of your personally identifiable information, such as firewalls and secure socket layers. We make every effort to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Thus, while we seek to protect your personal information, we can not be responsible for loss, corruption, or unauthorized acquisition of personal information furnished to this site or for any resulting damage. This policy applies solely to our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information obtained online through our site, and does not apply to any of our practices conducted offline.
5. How can you access, correct or delete your data?
If you have created an account on our website, you can access, correct, or delete your personal data by logging in to your user account and making the necessary changes. You should promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
6. How do you opt out of receiving messages from AIFO, India?
We will only send you emails if you have given us permission to contact you about AIFO, India work. We do not send out random, untargeted emails (spam). Any emails we send you will enable you to opt out of receiving further emails from us. We will clearly state whether we received your details from an organization who recommended you to us.
7. How does AIFO, India protect children’s privacy?
The safety of children is very important to us. No information should be submitted to or posed at AIFO, India by children under the age of 13 years and without prior parental consent. All applicable laws are followed with respect to data collection from children. No sharing of data collected from children with any third party is permitted at any time under any circumstance.
8. How can you find out more about your rights?
If you have any questions about privacy, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.